terms and conditions
1. What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
2. Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you refuse to accept these terms, you will not be able to order any products from https://store.honda.co.uk (the “Website”). If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please Contact Us to discuss.
3. These terms, and any contract between us, are only in the English language.
4. YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN IN PARTICULAR TO THE SECTIONS CONCERNING YOUR RIGHT TO END THE CONTRACT (CLAUSES8 AND9) AND OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU (CLAUSE 13).
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO Contact Us
1. Who we are. We are Honda Motor Europe Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 00857969 and our registered office is at Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HL. Our registered VAT number is GB711 0195 84.
2. How toContact Us. To Contact Us, please see the Contact Us section of the Website for our contact details. You can Contact Us by telephone, email, post or by an online message via “My Account” on the Website.
3. How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone, online message or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
4. “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
1. How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
2. If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3. Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you Contact Us about your order.
4. We only sell to the UK. Our Website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK. Please see clause 7 for further details.
4. OUR PRODUCTS
1. Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
2. Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on the images on the Website.
5. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
1. If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please Contact Us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 - Your rights to end the contract).
6. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE PRODUCTS
1. Changes to the products. We may change the product:
1. to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
2. to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security issue. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
2. Delivery costs. Delivery charges may be payable on your order. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on the Website. Any delivery charges will be added to the price of your order prior to you submitting payment to us.
we will provide the products. We will aim to deliver the products
to you in accordance with the delivery dates set out below:
ESTIMATED TIME FOR DELIVERY
MAINLAND ENGLAND AND WALES
5 WORKING DAYS
6 WORKING DAYS
6 WORKING DAYS
7 WORKING DAYS
ISLE OF MAN
7 WORKING DAYS
ISLE OF WIGHT
7 WORKING DAYS
10 WORKING DAYS
10 WORKING DAYS
- And in any event within 30 days after the day on which we send you
the order confirmation email (unless we agree a longer period of time with
1. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you mayContact Usto end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received. An “event outside our control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
2. Collection by you. Prior to delivery you will be contacted by one of our authorised dealers. If you wish to collect the products from one of our dealers, rather than arrange a delivery, you can arrange to collect the products with the dealer directly. Collections will take place during the dealer’s opening hours (which the dealer will confirm) and once the dealer has notified you that the products are available for collection.
3. If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery during the agreed timeslot, a calling card will be left informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products.
4. If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 2 will apply.
5. When you become responsible for the product. Delivery will be completed when our dealer delivers the product(s) to the address you gave us or you collect them from our relevant dealer. When paying by credit or debit card, we will only deliver to an address already registered with your card issuer, usually the card statement address. The product will be your responsibility from the time the product is delivered to the relevant address or you collect it from our relevant dealer.
6. When you own products. Subject to us accepting your order in accordance with clause 1, you own a product once we have received payment in full.
7. You agree that we may deliver products to you by instalments.
8. What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on the Website. If necessary, we will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may end the contract (and clause 2 will apply). We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
9. Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
1. deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
2. update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
3. make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
10. Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may Contact Us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
9. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
1. You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
1. If what you have bought is faulty or mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
2. If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, (other than late delivery), see clause 2;
3. If you want to end the contract because we do not deliver on time, see clause 3; or
4. If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 4. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any products.
2. Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at clause 2.1 to 8.2.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
1. we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clauses 6 and 15);
2. we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
3. there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
4. we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
5. you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
3. Your options if we deliver late.
1. Your legal rights if we deliver late.You have legal rights if we deliver any products late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
1. we have refused to deliver the products;
2. delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
3. you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
2. Setting a new deadline for delivery.If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 3.1, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
3. Ending the contract for late delivery.If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 3.1 or clause 8.3.2, you can cancel your order for any of the products or reject products that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those products (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products and their delivery. If the products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them.
4. Exercising your right to change your mind without any reason. For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days after the date of delivery and receive a refund.
5. Our goodwill guarantee. A number of our products are subject to our goodwill guarantee. Any goodwill guarantee will be made available to you at the time of purchase of the relevant product. The goodwill guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect your legal rights.
6. When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
1. products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, where the seal has been broken after you receive them; and
2. any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
7. How long do I have to change my mind?How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
1. If you buy products which will be delivered in a single delivery, you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products at the delivery address.
2. If the products are split into several deliveries over different days, you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery of products at the delivery address.
10. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
1. Tell us you want to end the contract. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or e-mail). You should exercise your right to cancel by contacting us at the address set out in the Contact Us section of the Website or by an online message via “My Account” on the Website. You may use the model cancellation form in the Appendix, but it is not obligatory. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (e.g. by e-mail) without delay.
2. Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us (see clause 4 for returns where the products is defective). You must return, or arrange the return of, the product(s) to the address of the dealer who delivered them to you. Please call customer services using the contact details in the Contact Us section should you have any queries regarding returning a product. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
3. When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
1. if the products are faulty or mis-described; or
2. if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
11. In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
12. How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
13. Deductions from refunds.
1. We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
2. The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
14. When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
1. If we have not offered to collect the products, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to the correct address of the relevant dealer.
2. In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
15. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
1. We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
1. you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery information or product customisation information; or
2. you do not, within a reasonable time, allow the delivery of the products to you or collect them.
2. You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
16. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
2. If you believe a product is faulty.If you believe your product may be faulty or defective we may require the product to be tested by one of our authorised dealers to confirm whether the fault/defect exists.
3. SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WE ARE UNDER A LEGAL DUTY TO SUPPLY PRODUCTS THAT ARE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE CONTRACT. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OR YOUR LEGAL REMEDIES. FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU.
4. Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must allow us to collect them from you. We will arrange for one of our authorised dealers to collect the product(s) from you. We will pay the costs of collection. Please see the Contact Us section of the Website for the relevant contact details.
17. PRICE AND PAYMENT
1. Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
2. We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. The price of a product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
3. What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you on the Website, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
4. When you must pay and how you must pay. Payment for all products must be made using the payment facilities available through our Website and you can only pay for products using the debit cards or credit cards indicated on the Website. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will charge your credit or debit card when you confirm your payment on the Website. The taking of payment from you by us does not indicate that a contract has been formed between you and us.
5. What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please Contact Us promptly to let us know.
18. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
1. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
2. When we are liable for damage to your property. If we access your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property.
3. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use unless we otherwise agree with you prior to the contract being entered into. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
4. We do not exclude our liability for any matters in respect of which it is not permitted by law to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
1. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
3. breach of your legal rights in relation to the products; or
4. any matter which it is not permitted by law to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.
19. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
20. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
1. We amend these terms from time to time.
2. Every time you order products from us, the terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us.
3. We may revise these terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect the following circumstances:
1. changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirement; and
2. changes to our processes and procedures.
4. If we have to revise these terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected products or just the products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid.
21. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
1. We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these terms.
2. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else, (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our guarantee to a person who has acquired the product. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item and that the terms and conditions of the guarantee have been complied with.
3. Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). The contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, terms, except in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
4. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
5. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
6. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any legal proceedings relating to the contract. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body
considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to
go to court. If we cannot settle your complaint internally, we will provide you
with details of a certified ADR provider and inform you about whether we intend
to use that provider. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted
for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution
HONDA LAWN & GARDEN: FEBRUARY 2020
CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Honda Ecommerce February Promotions 2020 (“Promotion”) is open to all residents of the UK mainland aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter, its associated companies and dealers, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this Promotion are not eligible to participate.
2. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promotion allows a qualifying customer to obtain savings and, where applicable, a complimentary gift with purchase on certain Honda Power Products when purchased on the Ecommerce store (https://store.honda.co.uk/).This Promotion is only available on new purchases of eligible models (“Eligible Models”) across Honda’s Power Product range as detailed in clause 4 and clause 7 of these terms.
i) Izy Lawnmowers (HRG Range);
ii) Core Lawnmowers (HRX/HRD/HRH/HRS Range)
iv) Petrol Blower and Hedge trimmer
5. The saving available is dependent on the new Honda Power product purchased. The applicable saving amount is listed in clause 7 of these terms and will be applied at the point of purchase and deducted from the purchase price. No cash or alternative arrangement shall be entered into.
6. If a qualifying customer purchases more than one Eligible Model, the appropriate saving will be applied to each item in accordance with paragraph 7 below. Only one saving will be applied to each item.
7. The savings available per Eligible Model are as follows:
Customer saving (inclusive of VAT)
£40.00 + Fiskars Pruners worth £38.99
£40.00 + Fiskars Pruners worth £38.99
Petrol Blower and Hedge trimmer
20% off RRP
15% off RRP
15% off RRP
9. All saving amounts are inclusive of VAT.
10. This Promotion applies to sales of the specified qualifying products made between 01 February and 29 February 2020 (both days inclusive). Purchases made outside of this period will not be eligible for the Promotion and the promoter accepts no responsibility for purchases made outside of this period.
11. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that sufficient and correct details are provided at the point of sale for the saving to be processed. Fraudulent or incorrectly completed claims will be disqualified and not processed.
12. Honda reserves the right to reject the participation of any person whose association with Honda or its products may, in the reasonable opinion of Honda, damage or cause detriment to the brand, reputation, standing or goodwill of Honda or any member of its group of companies or their products.
13. This Promotion cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other promotion or offer whatsoever.
14. All items subject to availability.
15. Honda shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this Promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Honda’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of Honda.
16. Honda shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this Promotion where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, severe weather conditions, fire, flood, war, earthquake, riots, industrial dispute, terrorism, acts of God, supervening legislation, or events which, without the fault of either party, render performance impossible or incapable of satisfactory execution.
17. The Promoter shall have no liability caused by a result of failure of its website.
18. Data captured during the course of this Promotion will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
19. Honda reserves the right to cancel, suspend or vary this Promotion at any time on giving notice and without incurring any liability.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. The Promoter is Honda Motor Europe Limited trading as Honda (UK) of Cain Road, Bracknell RG12 1HL.